It's (Ham and Cheese) Muffin Time!
Tired of all the sweet cupcakes you've been eating lately? Although most would definitely say no, I'm sure some would give a slight nod.
This recipe was adopted from onehungrymama.com. I tweaked it a bit, but you can view the original here.
Yield: 12 muffins
Cooking time: 15-17 minutes
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- metal whisk
- rubber spatula
- 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon
- 1 cup measuring cup (optional)
- 1/2 cup measuring cup
- 1/4 cup measuring cup or 2 (or 3) oz. spring release batter/ice cream scoop
- 12 cupcake liners (optional)
- 12-cup cupcake/muffin pan
- cooling rack (optional)
- kitchen towel (for clean-up)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter/margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 6 squares cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheese of your choice, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning or pinch of black pepper (as preferred)
- Prep all ingredients and materials
- Heat oven at 204'C/400'F
- Line a 12-cup cupcake/muffin pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine butter, milk, and eggs. Be sure to mix eggs one at a time.
- Add dry group to wet group and mix lightly with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Once batter is smooth fold in star group. You may add your preferred seasoning this time.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, and fill them about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on a rack.