JANUARY: 10 Minute Art Challenge
|Art and about in 10 minutes.|
Today marks a new beginning, it's a New Year afterall. Since a yearlong committment can be overwhelming at times, I'm making this year extra special. For this year I will be making short term projects that will be made monthly. Every month will be a venue for different tasks depending on my mood and need.
January will be all about making visual art. I have been losing touch with my first love so I'm glad I've found a way to reconnect.The original concept that I'm adapting can be found here.
Here are my #10MinArt Rules:
- I will set a timer for 10 minutes and stop immediately when the timer goes off.
- I give myself permission to spend time planning that doesn’t count towards the 10 minutes. I can’t get much done if I need time to set up paints etc.
- I give myself permission to hit pause if I need drying time, to go to the bathroom, etc. But I CANNOT stop the clock to do more ‘composing’ in my head. Once I start, I’m committed to finish no matter what.
- It is OK to use printed materials or repurpose parts of old works.
- There are no do-overs or start-overs due to mistakes. I will force myself to work with what I have, and try to make something beautiful out of unintended course changes.
- All artistic mediums can be used provided that it can fit inside my art book.
- Scanned artworks will be posted daily with less than 200 words description.
- The challenge will cover the period January 2-31, 2017.